Fornjot is an early-stage project to create a next-generation, code-first CAD application.
The goal of this project is to create a CAD application that:
- uses a code-first approach;
- is open source;
- is broadly available, with support for all major platforms;
- is based on a new b-rep CAD kernel, written in Rust;
- provides a well-rounded feature set;
- and support for different modeling languages.
This goal is not realized yet. Far from it, actually! But Fornjot is slowly getting better, step by step.
Want to learn more? Here are some resources you might be interested in:
- Why the world needs another CAD program
- The advantages of a code-first approach to CAD
- Fornjot's current development priorities
Fornjot is supported by @webtrax-oz, @lthiery, @Yatekii, @martindederer, @hobofan, @ahdinosaur, @thawkins, @bollian, @nullstyle, @rozgo, @sucaba, @jessebraham, @Kethku, @sanxiyn, @seigel, @seanjensengrey, @MattOslin, @benwis, @happysalada, @jminer, @reivilibre, @jeevcat, @U007D, @tachiniererin, and my other awesome sponsors. Thank you!
If you're interested in helping to make the project sustainable long-term, please consider sponsoring Fornjot yourself.