Weekly Dev Log - 2022-W18
My efforts last week were dominated by publishing version 0.6. It took quite a while to write the changelog, then the release announcement. Finally, I needed to fix some issues with the new release automation (which was to be expected; very happy with the results).
I want to release new versions more regularly in the future, which should make the process smoother and more efficient.
With the release done, I finally returned my attention to implementing constructive solid geometry, which the cleanup work of the last months was preparing for. I've started with implementing the union operation (#42).
In other news, @connor-lennox has started contributing by expanding the capabilities of
fj-math, and cleaning up some of the code that uses it.
Fornjot is supported by @webtrax-oz, @lthiery, @Yatekii, @martindederer, @hobofan, @ahdinosaur, @thawkins, and my other awesome sponsors. Thank you!
If you're interested in helping to make the project sustainable long-term, please consider supporting me too.
Improvements to Fornjot and its documentation that are visible to end-users.
- Update README (#516, #520)
- Update crate metadata (#519)
- Update top-level documentation of all crates (#521)
- Publish version 0.6.0 (#524)
Improvements to the Fornjot ecosystem that are relevant to developers who are building on top of Fornjot components.
- Expand and update constructors of
- Implement plane-plane intersection (#543)
- Expand API, use it in more places (#523, #545, #547; special thanks to first-time contributor @connor-lennox!)
Improvements that are relevant to developers working on Fornjot itself.
- Update dependencies (#509, #510, #511, #512, #513, #514, #517)
- Fix issues with release automation (#527, #529, #530, #531, #532, #534)
- Update release procedure (#535, #536)
- Make some small code cleanups (#540)
Issue of the Week
Computer tend to be much better at doing tedious stuff than I am. That's why I really appreciate the release automation that we have so far. If you're interested in that kind of thing, why not take a look at #479 -
release-operator should automatically determine which crates to publish?
My priority this week is to continue the work on the union operation (#42). I have a pretty good understanding of the next few steps, and I hope to get those done relatively quickly. After that, there are a few more details to figure out, before I can finish implementing the algorithm.