I'm still working on the union operation (#42), specifically intersection code and some related cleanups. I've also been making some progress in figuring out the details of the algorithm.
Meanwhile, @hekno25 has worked on detecting which features are provided by the graphics backend, and only using those. @devanlooches has added a UI element that displays the current state of the model.
Fornjot is supported by @webtrax-oz, @lthiery, @Yatekii, @martindederer, @hobofan, @ahdinosaur, @thawkins, @bollian, @rozgo, and my other awesome sponsors. Thank you!
If you want Fornjot to be stable and sustainable long-term, please consider supporting me too.
Improvements to Fornjot and its documentation that are visible to end-users.
- Prevent crashes due to unavailable features in graphics backend (#902, #909, #914; special thanks go to first-time contributor @hekno25!)
- Add UI element that display current model status (#911; special thanks go to first-time contributor @devanlooches!)
Improvements to the Fornjot ecosystem that are relevant to developers who are building on top of Fornjot components.
- Clean up handling of curves (#900, #901, #904)
- Clean up intersection code (#905, #906)
- Implement face/face intersection (#915)
- Make ray casting code public, clean it up (#918)
Circleon construction (#910, #913)
- Extend and clean up
Improvements that are relevant to developers working on Fornjot itself.
- Update dependencies (#892, #894, #895, #896, #899)
- Update release procedure (#898)
- Speed up release automation (#903)
- Update description of Cargo packages (#916)
- Update list of sponsors in README (#921)
Issue of the Week
Thanks to the awesome work done by various contributors, viewing a model in Fornjot works pretty well these days! There's still room for improvement, however.
If you're interested in UI and enjoy experimenting, why not take a look at #20 - Consider turning camera towards mouse cursor when zooming?
I have made a list of some of the missing building blocks for the union algorithm. That should keep busy for a while!