Last week saw lots of small, user-visible improvements to the app. Anti-aliasing, various fixes to the GUI, replacing weird crashes with good error messages, and maybe most significantly, the ability to load a model from within the app, instead of having to provide it as a command-line argument (contributed by @erenoku).
Meanwhile my work on advancing the core CAD features is trucking along, although at a slower pace than hoped (isn't it always 😄). As a reminder, my main priority is the implementation of the union operation (#42), which is currently blocked by a bug (#1162). I've been making some progress on improving the validation infrastructure in the kernel, which should allow me to attack the bug itself soon.
Fornjot is supported by @webtrax-oz, @lthiery, @ahdinosaur, @Yatekii, @martindederer, @hobofan, @thawkins, @bollian, @rozgo, @reivilibre, and my other awesome sponsors. Thank you!
If you want Fornjot to be sustainable long-term, please consider supporting me too.
Improvements to Fornjot and its documentation that are visible to end users.
- Fix UI being blurry on some systems (#1266; thank you, @erenoku!)
- Improve error message when failing to load model (#1268)
- Enable anti-aliasing (#1274)
- Fix text of status messages looking jagged (#1275)
- Fix some crashes, turn them into actionable errors (#1276)
- Add UI to load model from within app, if no model is passed (#1286, #1288; thank you, @erenoku!)
Improvements to Fornjot components that are relevant to developers building on top of those. These have an indirect effect on end users, through fixed bugs and improved robustness.
- Clean up API (#1269)
- Add new validation infrastructure (#1279, #1282, #1283, #1284, #1285)
- Simplify handling of
Improvements that are relevant to developers working on Fornjot itself.